WRFN Lands Office
#104-101 Titanium Way Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 0E7
Telephone: (867) 668-4121
The Lands and Resources Department works to protect the rights, title, and interests of White River First Nation (WRFN) within the WRFN Traditional Territory. Lands strives to provide WRFN membership with information concerning land-related issues, updates on current projects operating or being proposed within the Traditional Territory, as well as responses to any land-related concerns members may have.
Some of our day to day duties include:
- Participating in the Yukon Environmental and Socio-Economic Assessment Board process by making submissions including concerns with development projects being proposed on WRFN Traditional Territory.
- Maintaining a Traditional Knowledge database that is used for decision-making, determining areas of high cultural value, and ensuring this knowledge is utilized and respected appropriately by government officials.
- Participating in the consultation process with Yukon Government,
- Government of Canada, and proponents to ensure that WRFN rights, title, and interests are not impacted by development projects being proposed on the Traditional Territory. This includes quartz and placer mining and exploration projects, forestry projects, tourism operations, and any other potentially land-disturbing activities.
- Helping to manage fish and wildlife populations to ensure that present and future generations of WRFN members can continue to use fish and wildlife for subsistence harvesting and cultural pursuits forever.
- Planning for current and future uses of WRFN Traditional Territory
For more information please contact or visit our Lands and Resources Staff:
- Please check out the calendar for upcoming events/meetings https://whiteriverfirstnation.com/calendar
Manager, Lands and Resources Department
Natural Resource Officer
GIS & Traditional Knowledge Researcher