Employment & Training Officer
Post-Secondary Education is fully funded by Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada and Indigenous Skills & Employment Training (ISET) is fully funded by Council of Yukon First Nation and Government of Canada.
To be eligible for funding, students are:
- treaty or registered First Nations individuals who have been resident in Canada for 12 consecutive months prior to the date of application for funding
- To view all the eligible expenditures please see WRFN Student Support Policy or INAC National Guidelines
WRFN Student Policy:
Summary of Guidelines:
Candice Boyle, Employment & Training Officer
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (867) 862-7802 ext. 106
Community Education Liaison Coordinator (CELC)
Primarily deals with all WRFN students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 on WRFN Traditional Territory and off. This is fully funded by Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada. CELC works at Nel Nah Bessie John School during the Yukon School Calendar.
“7.4 Student Support Services
In the category of Student Support Services, eligible expenditures are:
- room and board, or group homes costs for students who are attending school outside of Beaver Creek, Yukon or whose parents are temporarily away from their home community pursuing traditional activities such as trapping;
- daily, extra-curricular, seasonal or special transportation (i.e. between the student’s permanent residence and a seasonal residence);
- guidance, counselling and school liaison services;
- financial assistance including the cost of purchase or rental of books and supplies, specialized clothing (including a graduation allowance), equipment (e.g. laboratory or shop costs) or specialized educational services (e.g. school psychologists), additional fees for specialized classes;
- an allowance for reasonable incidental expenses for those students who are being accommodated outside of their home; and
- school committee support consistent with provincial norms.”
Click on the link to view the Guidelines for the CELC:
K-12 School Supply Application form:
New: WRFN CELC will be monitoring lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00pm and providing after-school program. Please watch for up-coming details. All COVID-19 rules will be in order!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Message Phone: (867) 862-7802 ext. 106
Click on link below to review WRFN Important Documents Library: