The Finance department is responsible for recording of accounting related transactions. The main function is the accounting for the First Nation within each department. This is done through a logical sequence of transactions beginning with budget preparation and ending with financial statement compilation. This team provides financial information and advice to Council, Department Directors and the General Assembly. The audit is completed by an external auditor.
FINANCE SERVICES AND OPERATIONS
- Student bursary payments are made on the last pay period of the month
- Commencing November 4, 2016, all honorarium will be paid through Ceridian, WRFN’s Payroll service. The effects of this change in procedure will include the following:
- all individuals must provide a CANADIAN Social Insurance Number,
- all paid amounts to individuals will be reported to Canada Revenue Agency,
- all funds will be taxable, no other amounts will be deducted,
- pay will be made at the same time as the payment of wages, either by direct deposit or by cheque issued by Ceridian.
- NO honorarium cheques will be available before the event, and WRFN WILL NOT provide an advance.
Please click on the link below to review each document:
If you have any questions or concerns about WRFN Audit please Contact WRFN Executive Director or Finance Officer.
Jane Rogers, Finance Officer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (867) 862-7802 ext. 108