Novel coronaviruses are new strains of the virus which have not been identified in humans before. Coronavirus Disease, or COVID-19, is a new respiratory virus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
Some coronaviruses pass easily from person to person, while others do not.
Symptoms of coronavirus
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
What do we know about the virus?
- Both mild and severe illness have been reported.
- Many of the virus characteristics are still unknown.
Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health is telling all individuals who have traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days to self-isolate. This includes travel to Alaska. Dr. Brendan Hanley is also directing anyone who has traveled outside of Yukon in the last 14 days, or who is feeling sick, not to visit hospitals or long-term care facilities in the territory.
What is White River First Nation doing to help stop the spread of COVID-19?
- Cancelling/Postponed all large events/meetings until further notice, please watch WRFN Facebook for current up to date information.
- Effective March 17, 2020 White River First Nation offices will be temporarily closed to the public until further notice. Please email email@example.com
- Some staff did check on elders to ensure they have enough medicine for the next month. Elders were given a home phone number of a staff in case they are in need of assistance.